INVITATION TO APPLY TO BECOME A CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY TRAINED TEACHER EDUCATOR
We are pleased to be able to offer Teachers, School Leaders and Regional Office academics, who are interested in teacher training, a wonderful opportunity for career growth within the organisation. We have already written to all our schools so that everyone has the opportunity to apply for what we believe will be highly sought after and competitive positions. We now want to share this information with all visitors to the website.
The City School is opening three Centres of Educational Professional Development (CEPD) in collaboration with The University of Cambridge Faculty of Education, the teacher training institution ranked No.1 in the UK.
Each of the CEPDs (in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad) is to be run by a CEPD Manager and a team of 10 TEACHER EDUCATORS from The City School, who will be trained by the Cambridge University Faculty of Education team to deliver a bespoke Initial Teacher Training Course, developed by the Cambridge experts. This course will be mandatory for all TCS teachers after successful completion of their probationary period. The course will be delivered as a blend of face-to-face training and school-based reflection and practice.
The CEPDs will offer a complete professional development pathway for teachers and school leaders of The City School across the country and the Teacher Educators will therefore also be trained as Programme Leaders for the Cambridge PDQ Certificate and Diploma courses and they will also deliver a range of local needs-based trainings in schools.
These are full-time posts based in the CEPDs in the three main cities and Teacher Educators will work office timings. The cost of training of the Teacher Educators will be partly-subsidised by the company and Teachers Educators will repay the balance in 60 installments of Rs/- 10,000 and sign a 5 year Bond. The criteria for selection of Teacher Educators is given at the end of this letter.
If you are interested in becoming a Teacher Educator please complete and return the attached form and send it to: Ms. Sarah Gardezi, Assistant Director DIQA & Unified Examination – email@example.com – by August 15th. Short-listed candidates will be notified and interviewed by a panel. All appointments will be confirmed before the end of August.
Mrs. Primrose Mathew & Mr. Philip Hallworth
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF TEACHER EDUCATORS
We are looking for teachers/trainers who:
- Are qualified to at least graduate level.
- Have English language proficiency of at least B2, but ideally C1.
- Are excellent current or former classroom teachers with a minimum of five years of classroom experience.
- Have successful experience of helping teachers to learn and develop their professional practice either through training or mentoring.
- Are able to form positive and productive relationships for learning with adults and students.
- Have demonstrated commitment to their own professional learning and to study best professional practice.
- Have demonstrated commitment to the development of professional practice, and learning and teaching in schools.
- Are able to collaborate effectively with colleagues both in and outside the school.
- Are effective communicators, organised and enjoy leading and working in teams.
- Are willing and able to think and learn about themselves and their practice through reflection upon classroom experience and receiving/giving feedback.