INSET, was successfully conducted on 21 and 22 October across 49 Central Region campuses. A significant level of participants’ engagement was observed during these training sessions. Several themes related to teaching and learning were recommended by the Central Region to the school Heads for cascading training of their staff members. The trainers employed various interesting techniques in their sessions, such as role plays, discussions, presentations, storytelling etc. Some of the topics covered in INSET 2016 are:
- Values Education
- School Development Plan
- Providing Constructive Feedback/Feed forward
- Classroom Management and Effective Teaching
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Questioning Techniques
- Differentiated Instructions
- Bullying and Behaviour Management
- Life Skills such as Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Time Management, Stress Management and Interpersonal Skills.
All the INSET 2016 sessions proved to be beneficial for the teachers and Heads. The introduction of emerging and pertinent teaching concepts will serve as a platform for further extensive research and learning, hence contributing towards the academic uplift of the organisation.