German is the most widely spoken native language in Europe. It is the second most important language in central and Eastern Europe. In the English-speaking world, German is also the third most taught foreign language.
German and English share the same Germanic roots, so if you’re an English speaker, you’re already quite advantaged. German Language also has a very strong foothold in the academic community as it ranks second as most commonly used scientific language.
German is the gateway to world class higher education, that also almost free of cost. This also gives you access to the world’s fourth largest economy, as it is home to a large number of economic players like Siemens, Volkswagen, Adidas, and Lufthansa`11.
The City School has partnered with Goethe Institute to offer internationally recognised Goethe-Zertifikat exams.
Course objectives for first level-A1
By end of the course, students:
- Can understand and use familiar, everyday expressions and very simple sentences, which relate to the satisfying of concrete needs.
- Can introduce him/herself and others as well as ask others about themselves – e.g. where they live, who they know and what they own – and can respond to questions of this nature.
- Can communicate in a simple manner if the person they are speaking to speaks slowly and clearly and is willing to help.
- Can acquire correct German pronunciation and vocalization.
Duration and timings:
Duration and timings
Duration: 3 months (12 weeks)
Course Participants: Students
Class time: 2:30pm-4:00pm
Classes per week: 3 times a week
Course Participants: Adults
Class time: 7:00pm-9:00pm
Classes per week: twice a week
Course Participants: Mothers (housewives)
Class time: 4:00pm- 6:00pm
Classes per week: twice a week
Cost of the course: Rs. 20,000
Registration fee: Rs. 1000
- 10% Early bird discount
- 20% off to The City School students, parents, and alumni
- 20% off to The City School community members’ family i.e. spouses and children
The following Group Discounts are offered:
- 2 participants get 10% off each,
- 3 participants get 15% off each, and
- If more than 3 participants apply, they get 20% off each.
Note: Please note that compound discounts are not applicable, and if you are eligible for two discounts then only the greater discount offering will apply.
We can arrange for our learners to sit for German language exams offered by Goethe institute at a discounted rate
Cost of the external exam: Rs. 9600/- (20%less than the actual rate)
Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 is a German exam for children and young people between 10 and 16 years of age. It certifies that candidates have acquired very basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 is a German exam for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired very basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Minimum students required to begin a class: 10 students