High achievement has always been recognised at The City School and we offer A Level scholarships for those achieving 4A*/As and above at O Level (or the Matric equivalent).
- Students from all schools outside The City School Network are equally eligible
- Scholars must not be more than 17 years old when sitting their O Level examinations
- Candidates for scholarships must be able to demonstrate a good moral character
- The Head or Principal of the School endorses the scholarship application
(i) Eligibility for Scholarships
- Merit scholarship may be offered for a period of one year, to The City School students and students from other schools seeking admission in The City School.
- The Scholarship is based on the O Level External CAIE results only.
|For A Level, Scholarships are based on CAIE O Level Results||Grade criteria||Scholarship|
|8A*/A and above||100%|
|AS students will be required to re-apply for scholarships in A2 provided they secure the grades in CAIE AS Level external examination in accordance with the following schedule:|
|3as or more|
|100% Waiver on Tuition Fee|
50% Waiver on Tuition Fee
25% Waiver on Tuition Fee
Students who have been awarded scholarships have had outstanding success in their A Level (see more here), gaining further university scholarships, entry to top world universities and success in their subsequent careers.
Scholarships for excellence in sports, music, the arts or any other recognised Co-Curricular activity are awarded on a yearly basis on a first come, first served basis.
A total of 5 scholarships of 100%, 10 scholarships of 50% and of 10 scholarships of 25% for each region will be available in every academic year from 1st August to 30th July for International, National and Provincial Achievements.
(ii) Co-Curricular Scholarships Criteria
|International Achievements||100% Waiver on Tuition Fee|
|National Achievements||50% Waiver on Tuition Fee|
|Provincial achievements||25% Waiver in Tuition Fee|
We have had students who have participated in a wide range of Co-Curricular achievements at impressive levels.
The fee structure at TCS varies with each of our campuses and is related to the size, facilities and location of the campus. So once you have chosen an A Level Campus near you, we then recommend you contact the school directly here where the fee applicable at that campus will be described. It is important to remember that at some campuses there are additional costs for use of laboratories and at all campuses for the cost of the A Level exams and books.